Quake replace: Remaster will get huge replace increasing bot and mod assist
A brand new replace for Quake’s enhanced model is out, including in considerably extra bot and modding assist for the remastered shooter that launched in August. Enhancements to consumer management and accessibility measures are additionally included.
Most notably, bot assist for quite a few maps now consists of:
- The Slipgate Advanced (E1M1)
- Citadel of the Damned (E1M2)
- The Home of Chthon (E1M7)
- The Elder God Shrine (E4M3)
- Shub-Niggurath’s Pit (END)
- The Fringe of Oblivion (HIPDM1)
- The Pumping Station (HIP1M1)
- Improved bot melee assault, swimming and weapon choice behaviors
- Added textual content dialogues for when bots make kills or get killed
- Improved bot dealing with of elevators
- Improved bot navigation on The Deserted Base (DM3)
Basic enhancements additionally embrace quicker recreation saving, hosts are actually recognized by an icon somewhat than a top level view so colorblind gamers can extra simply distinguish them, and the weapon wheel HUD is not lower off when taking part in native multiplayer.
Quite a few checkpoint spawns have additionally been added to the brand new episode “Dimension of the Machine,” which you must completely take a look at. Author Rick Lane considers it a superb addition to the Quake canon.
If you happen to had any points with how Quake managed, the dev crew has improved analog stick enter on controllers, plus added deadzone, purpose acceleration, purpose exponent and purpose smoothing choices for controllers.
As for bugs fixes, highlights embrace:
- Turning off pleasant fireplace not prevents self-damage
- Resolved problem the place bots wouldn’t seize wanted pickups
- Bots ought to now see all triggers and doorways as shootable
- Bots not linger in slime or lava for too lengthy
- Eliminated Bot assist on maps that lack waypoints
- Resolved problem when sounds would drop and entities disappear or flicker throughout on-line play
- Disabled GPU culling to enhance efficiency in Dimension of the Machine
You possibly can learn the total record of Quake replace patch notes right here and see extra particulars, together with extra bug fixes and technical enhancements to modding.